*From:* spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com [mailto:
spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Hannes Roest
*Sent:* Friday, October 20, 2017 3:15 PM
*To:* spctools-discuss <spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* Re: [spctools-discuss] spectrast produces empty output file

Dear Eric

Thanks for your analysis

1. I found that mzXML worked better with SpectraST and the mzML file did
not work at all:

$ spectrast  -sLtestLib.splib spectra.mzML

SpectraST started at Fri Oct 20 18:06:18 2017.

Library File loaded: "testLib.splib".

Total Number of Searches Performed = 0; Run Time per Search = inf seconds.

Total Run Time = 2 seconds.

SpectraST finished at Fri Oct 20 18:06:20 2017 without error.

$ spectrast  -sLtestLib.splib spectra.mzXML

SpectraST started at Fri Oct 20 18:07:06 2017.

Library File loaded: "testLib.splib".

Sorting query spectra in all mzXML files by precursor m/z before
searching...DONE!

Searching...10%...20%...30%...DONE!

Finished searching "spectra.mzXML" (3 spectra searched.)

Output written to "/home/hr/openmsall/builds/openms/spectra.pep.xml".

Total Number of Searches Performed = 3; Run Time per Search = 0.6667
seconds.

Total Run Time = 2 seconds.

SpectraST finished at Fri Oct 20 18:07:08 2017 without error.

2. Yes there are only two as comet did only find matches for 2 spectra.
However, searching a  library of 2 spectra against a file of 3 spectra
should still work?

3. These are "MaxQuant compatible CR". I have removed those but without any
change in result. Unfortunately.

Hannes