Dear TPP developers,

I have a question regarding how iProphet handles ambiguous I/L IDs from
different search engine. I am using X!Tandem, Comet, and MSGF+ and combine
the results using iProphet, and noticed that the three search engines have
different rules ranking I/L hits.
So how does iProphet handle such case if different search engines give
different I/L variant as top ranking PSM? Does iProphet threat different
I/L variant peptide as different IDs and therefore penalizing the final
probability score, or iProphet considers them as the same ID?

Thanks,
Chih-Chiang