*From:* spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com <spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com>
*On Behalf Of *Nikita Boeren
*Sent:* Monday, September 23, 2019 4:16 AM
*To:* spctools-discuss <spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* [spctools-discuss] Questions about spectral library generation
different search engines and shared peptides

Dear TPP team and users,

I am a graduate student and I am trying to figure out a few things
regarding spectral library generation using TPP for SWATH analysis. My
questions do not involve direct issues with the use of TPP, but more about
the results.

My workflow is: Comet or X!Tandem search, PeptideProphet, iProphet, Mayu
(1% protein FDR), SpectraST and SpectraST2TSV.

I have used both Comet and X!Tandem search engines to create two libraries.
Also, I combined those two search outputs (via iProphet) to create another
library. In contrast of what I expected, my final list of proteins in my
combined library is less than using only Comet results (see Venn diagram).
How can this happen? The cut off probabilities corresponding to protein FDR
<1% for Comet (0.897393) and X!Tandem (0.872656) were as expected lower
than combined (0.966806).

Can anyone explain me why the combined library contains less proteins?

Also, I would like to ask you how to remove shared peptides from the
library without getting format issues in further workflows?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Nikita

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/spctools-discuss/2da1064d-e4bb-41ea-9fa1-553c3d27c580%40googlegroups.com