I'm using SpectraST in TPP for building a splib format file from a
bibliospec MS2 format file. While converting  it issues error message for
peptides with Protein N-term modifications

*"MS2 IMPORT: Peptide ID has unknown modification: "M[+42.01056]FLVNSFLK".
Skipped spectrum"*

I guess I can write this as user defined modification in a file and specify
the file name with *-M *option in the command line

*M[n]|+42.01056|Protein_N-term*

and the following command

*spectrast.exe -cNmyLib -M SpectraST_MyMod.txt myLib.ms2*

I guess the syntax I wrote is wrong because SpectraST still skips those
modifications.

Can anyone help me with the correct synatx and command please?

Thanks