Hi there,

I am new at the analyses on proteomics. I am analysing a set of experiments
I retrieved from Peptide atlas. The organism is Homo sapiens, and it has
been made available in 2013, using Exactive orbitrap from Thermo
Scientific. They comprise 3 replicates and were fractioned 3 times. So each
condition has 8 or 9 samples (some of them did not pass the quality
control, I guess).

It is possible to  retrieve both mzXml and raw data. I have retrieved both.

I searched with Xtandem, Spectrast and Comet using Petunia interface. All
three performed 0 spetctra searches.

 I have produced  mzml files from the raw data using Petunia. Again, all
three (Xtandem, Spectrast, and  Comet) resulted 0 searches.

I have used a APD.Hs.all.fasta, retrieved form PeptideAtlas,  as the
sequence database.

I guess maybe it could be the parameter values I have used (I used default
and those values suggested in the TPP tutorial using Saccharomyces
cerevisae (demo2009)).

So, my question is

Where can I get information on how to select the correct parameters for
Xtandem, Spectrast and Comet ?