I’m thinking that a very large mzXML file with “UDMSE” in it might be DIA
data, and thus Comet is not the right tool? Could this be MS^e data instead
of DDA data?

*From:* spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com <spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com>
*On Behalf Of *Jason Winget
*Sent:* Friday, September 17, 2021 10:02 AM
*To:* spctools-discuss <spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* [spctools-discuss] Re: Max input file size limit for comet
search?

Hi Steven, what do your comet parameters look like?

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but for files with many scans it is
good to set the `spectrum_batch_size` parameter to something reasonable,
like 10000. The instructions are found in the "fragment ions" comments
section of the default parameters file.