Dear all,

I have recently generated an in-silico spectral library for several
peptides which may contains different modifications on the same cystein
(cystein converted to a serin, formylglycin-aldehyde, ...). For this
prediction I used Seq2MS
(https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jproteome.3c00180) and obtained a
library in msp format.
In this file the header indicates modifications for examle in the following
way:

Name: DILTPELDNLAQNGSIFTSAYVAHPFCGPSR/2_1(26,C,FGAldehyd)
Comment: Charge=2 Parent=1657.310386 Mods=1(26,C,FGAldehyd) Protein=nan

If I correctly specify the modifications in a .usermods file(*) and import
it to spectraST, the resulting sptxt files contain header such as:

Name: DILTPELDNLAQNGSIFTSAYVAHPFC[85]GPSR/2
LibID: 6
MW: 3316.6353
PrecursorMZ: 1658.3177
FullName: X.DILTPELDNLAQNGSIFTSAYVAHPFC[85]GPSR.X/2 (CID)
Comment: AvePrecursorMz=1659.3531 BinaryFileOffset=19516 Charge=2
FracUnassigned=0.89,4/5;0.83,16/20;0.56,35/60 Mods=1(26,C,FGAldehyd) NAA=31
NISTProtein=nan NMC=0 NTT=1 Parent=1657.310386 Prob=1.0000 Protein=1/nan

However, when I want to check the spectra in this file in HTML format using
Lib2HTML, the table contains the complete peptide only for the unmodified
form and has an identical truncated peptide for all other modified forms:

[image: Unbenannt.PNG]

Ths does not only affect the truncated amino acids but also results in
mis-alignment of the y-ion-series (i.e. due to the modified cystein, y1 is
annotated as 122.027 while in this case it should be y5 with a much larger
m/z). Again, the annotation in sptxt seems good.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this and/or how I could watch the
spectra alternatively?

Best,
Juergen

(*) part of the usermods file: