Hi Sam,
It does sound like potentially an issue with the mzML file path(s) inside
the comet pepXML results, though there could be other issues.

As for troubleshooting, you can inspect the URL of those troublesome links
and look for the Dta= (or File=) parameter -- is the filepath the same that
you expect on the local drive?  You can also compare that to one of the
links that do work to look for differences, as sometimes they might be
subtle -- e.g. a missing slash etc.

Hope this helps,
--Luis