Hello,

I wrote:

> I ran into a number of source files which include the standard
> GPL-2.0+ license header, but augmented with the following addendum:
>
>     For the avoidance of doubt the "preferred form" of this code is one which
>     is in an open non patent encumbered format. Where cryptographic key
> signing
>     forms part of the process of creating an executable the information
>     including keys needed to generate an equivalently functional executable
>     are deemed to be part of the source code.
>
> I think we will need a new License tag for this, right?
>
> Do you have any suggestion for this?

I found more "augmented" versions of GPL-2.0+ ; some libgcc files add
this clause:

    In addition to the permissions in the GNU General Public License, the
    Free Software Foundation gives you unlimited permission to link the
    compiled version of this file into combinations with other programs,
    and to distribute those combinations without any restriction coming
    from the use of this file.  (The General Public License restrictions
    do apply in other respects; for example, they cover modification of
    the file, and distribution when not linked into a combined
    executable.)

Others include this above addendum, and additionally this one:

    As a special exception, if you link this library with files
    compiled with GCC to produce an executable, this does not cause
    the resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public License.
    This exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why
    the executable file might be covered by the GNU General Public License.

Is it correct to assume that we need special license tags for these
two cases, too?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
G's Third Law:             In spite of all evidence  to  the  contra-
ry,  the  entire  universe  is composed of only two basic substances:
magic and bullshit.
H's Dictum:                There is no magic ...