Dennis Clark:
> I would be very interested to know if any of you have any thoughts about the
> TPP provisions that impact software distribution, particularly source code
> redistribution obligations:
> http://www.keionline.org/node/2363

I asked someone else whose legal opinion I respect about this. (I don't have
permission to share his name, so I won't do that here.)  He said that the view
of that article is misleading; instead, this provision precludes conditioning
territorial market access on mandatory source code disclosure.  In other words,
as I understand it, a country can't require that ALL software from outside
provide the source code to just that country.

If *that* is the correct interpretation then I'm fine with this text; I don't
see that as restraining trade or FLOSS.  That said, if that interpretation is
wrong, please let me & others know.

--- David A. Wheeler