Brad Edmondson <brad.edmond...@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Mark,
>
> FWIW I believe that Mark Baushke looked at the current version of the
> net-SNMP package during our call today and found that its constituent parts
> all pointed to a single top-level license file that contained the license
> stack at issue. So while your point is well-taken that the stack is not a
> license but a license file, it may be that it's used in the wild as an
> actual license.
>
> Mark Baushke, is this a fair characterization of what you saw today?

There are 2153 files in the net-snmp-5.7.3 file.
Of these:

* 1866 of these files have no copyright or license information.
*  127 of these files have a pointer to the COPYING file at the top-level.
*   13 of these files are copyright by 'Alex Rozin'
*    2 of these files are copyright by 'Tali Rozon'
*    1 directory (disman/expression) seems to be proprietary.

Some number of files in net-snmp-5.7.3/apps/ are only under the CMU
copyright and license.

Some number of files in net-snmp-5.7.3/apps/snmpnetstat are under a
BSD-3-Clause license.

        -- Mark