>> Yes. Net-SNMP. text is the stack of licenses.

Which stack of licenses? Would that be from version 5.4.4, 5.6.2.1 or 5.7.3?
Each version has a slightly different stack of licenses (see attached COPYING
files). Or would we be adding multiple license identifiers to the list for the
different versions?

net-snmp-5.4.4 (seven notices)
net-snmp-5.6.2.1 (nine notices)
net-snmp-5.7.3 (ten notices)

Would we also need to look back at other older versions of net-snmp to make
sure we accurately represent all the different license stacks? What about
further versions?

To make a license notice file a license fundamentally undermines the definition
of what is a license with respect to the SPDX license list. A core principle is
that the text of a license does not change very often (but when it does it is
given a new version number). On the other hand license notices for a software
deliverable (e.g., a binary or set of binaries) do change often with newer
versions. Licenses and license notice files are two fundamentally different
things. It is unfortunate that the Net-SNMP project has confused the two with
the following link (for which the content changes with almost every release):
     http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/about/license.html
Note that they do include the version number in the upper right hand corner. If
we go down the proposed path it makes it easier to add other notice files in
place of a license which would undermine the value of the license list. For now
I would recommend representing the Net-SNMP package license using a
license-ref. For example:
     LicenseRef-net-snmp-5.4.4
    LicenseRef-net-snmp-5.6.2.1
    LicenseRef-net-snmp-5.7.3

The proposed license expression enhancements for packages (I am hoping to
discuss in the near future) would also allow using a license expression as a
reasonable alternative (e.g, MIT-CMU; BSD-3-Clause).

- Mark