Hi All,

Thanks again for a good, thorough discussion on a thorny topic!

I have posted minutes here:
https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Minutes/2017-08-17
<https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Minutes/2017-08-17>
(note: Kate and I tried to capture the flow of the discussion, but it’s really
hard, so please don’t take anything too literally there!)

As promised, the summary of where we got to is here under Current Proposed
Solution:
https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/or-later-vs-unclear-disambiguation
<https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/or-later-vs-unclear-disambiguation>
I also cleaned up this page a bit with an aim to keeping the most
recent/relevant info at the top.

Next steps:
Please everyone digest the latest proposal, and keep in mind the other licenses
as listed here: https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/later-version-clauses
<https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/later-version-clauses>
If you have any additional comments, pros, or cons - raise it on the mailing
list.
The tech team and legal team have meeting over the next couple weeks, so we can
continue to discuss there as needed (but won’t explicitly have a joint call).
There is a General Call on Sept 7th - the goal is to present the proposal
there, for wider consideration there. so if you have issues with the current
proposal, please raise them in the upcoming calls and/or mailing list!

Again, thanks all for your input into this - it’s great to have a wide range of
perspectives represented and I feel confident that kind of involvement will
lead to a solution everyone can feel good about!

Cheers,
Jilayne

SPDX Legal Team co-lead
opensou...@jilayne.com