The tool that generates the license-list-data and spdx.org/licenses website
is currently adding optional tags and var (or alt to use the
license-list-XML term) tags around the title and bullets respectively.

I found this to be necessary to match the text from the previous license
list text where there were different bullet formats and different title
texts for a small number of licenses.  It should also help consumers of the
license templates do a better job of matching per the license matching
guidelines.

These changes are consistent with the license matching guidelines, however,
I thought I should check with the larger community to see if anyone
disagrees with this approach.

Note that the optional and var texts are highlighted on the web pages.  The
title and bullets will also be highlighted.

The preview website has been updated with these change:
https://spdx.org/licenses/preview/

Gary

Gary O'Neall

Principal Consultant