I don't recall any specifics, just that in Nov/early Dec the tech team told
us on a call that it was contemplating some potentially
backward-compat-breaking changes. Not sure if those were ultimately agreed
upon or what they were, but iirc the legal team took it as received wisdom
and bumped to 3.0 (tech thought that the changes were likely enough and
likely-big-enough that the spec would need to be 3.0).

The tech team would have more people who can speak to the specifics, esp.
Kate and Alexios (and Gary).

Best,
Brad

--