HI Guido,

This scenario is already covered via the SPDX specification -
https://spdx.org/sites/cpstandard/files/pages/files/spdxversion2.1.pdf
<https://spdx.org/sites/cpstandard/files/pages/files/spdxversion2.1.pdf>

See sections 3.15 for the Package Declared License and 3.13 for the package
Concluded License. For file level information, see section 4.6 for License
Information in File and section 4.5 for file Concluded License. All of which
include an option to use “NONE” to indicate, "the SPDX file creator concludes
there is no license available for this package/file”

While this is in the context of an SPDX document, I see no reason why it can’t
also be used in other places as per the same meaning.  No point in re-inventing
the wheel, as we did think of these things!

Hope that helps,

Jilayne

SPDX Legal Team co-lead
opensou...@jilayne.com