Kate:

Thank you for this excellent background and research!

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 8:50 AM, Kate Stewart
<kstew...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Provide a proposed Full Name for the license or exception
>
> Linux Kernel Variant of OpenIB.org license
>
> Provide a proposed Short Identifier.
>
> Linux-OpenIB
>
> Provide a functioning url reference to the license or exception text, either
> from the author or a community recognized source.
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/infiniband/core/sa.h

FWIW, here is some extra information on usage of this license in these
user-space packages beyond the kernel:

- 470 occurences in libfabric https://github.com/ofiwg/libfabric

- 246 occurences in rdma-core https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core/

These may be better references than the kernel.

Based on that, there could be an argument to have a different name /
id than Linux-OpenIB as this is not entirely Linux-specific.
The license is called BSD (MIT) at libfabric which is likely not a happy name.
May be something like openfabrics-bsd may be a better name?
NB: I feel very weakly about which name to pick, so feel free to
ignore this entirely.

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne