Dear legal eagles:
I just saw that the request to have a proper SPDX license id for the
Kernel enforcement statement has been closed [1]. I guess I should
have followed the discussion that happened late last year since I
started this on list way back when [2]...

I am looking at all the non-SPDX licenses detected in the kernel to
submit them for addition and I am not clear why this would be
rejected: this text is detected alright when you scan the kernel and
has been for a long while (at least by ScanCode). And the same applies
to the GPL-CC [3]. IMHO as a license compliance toolsmith, if this is
something licensing-related, then it should be detected. It it is
detected and is in common enough, then it should have a name/id.

1. Do such statements/commitments texts are worthy of detection by a
license scanner? I think so. Otherwise, why would they exist?

2. Are they common enough? Beyond the kernel, there is a growing
number of projects and companies adopting these [4] [5] and is even
suggested by GitHub's choosealicence [6], so I would say yes.

What is wrong with this reasoning? Could someone explain to me in
simple terms why not including these in the list?
Thank you ++ for your help!

[1] https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/655
[2] https://lists.spdx.org/g/Spdx-legal/message/2083
[3] https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/714