Hello,

I have received a preliminary positive report from OSI’s license committee on
the Cryptographic Autonomy License v.1.0, or “CAL”.
The CAL also includes a built-in “Combined Works Exception” that seems like it
would fit with your exception grammar.
1.       1. Provide a proposed Full Name for the license or exception:
2.       Cryptographic Autonomy License, v1.0, or
Cryptographic Autonomy License version 1.0, with Combined Work Exception”
3.

4.       2. Provide a proposed Short Identifier.
5.       CAL-1.0 or CAL-1.0-with-exception
6.
7.       3. Provide a functioning url reference to the license or exception
text, either from the author or a community recognized source.
8.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-eD9EH6i3wdSXgG4XJbF-a0cSSknOERjYzlVonOwAQ0/edit?usp=sharing
9.
10.   4. Create and attach a text file with the license or exception text from
the url provided in #3.
11.   Attached.
12.
13.   5. Indicate whether the license is OSI-approved (see:
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical) or whether it has been
submitted for approval to the OSI and is currently under review.
It is currently under review and I expect approval.

14.   6. Provide a short explanation regarding the need for this license or
exception to be included on the SPDX License List, including identifying at
least one program that uses this license.
15.   I expect this will be approved by the OSI shortly. As soon as it is
approved, Holochain will be moving to use it.

[Dykema]<http://www.dykema.com>
        Van Lindberg
Member
vlindb...@dykema.com    210-554-5294 Direct
210-554-5500 Main
855-256-1479 Fax
214-364-7985 Mobile
        112 E. Pecan Street, Suite 1800
San Antonio, Texas  78205
www.dykema.com<http://www.dykema.com>

*** Notice from Dykema Gossett PLLC: This Internet message may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure. It is
intended for use only by the person to whom it is addressed. If you have
received this in error, please (1) do not forward or use this information in
any way; and (2) contact me immediately. Neither this information block, the
typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to
constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary
is included in this message.