Dear Steve and list members,

In my opinion it is a good idea to add the license text of the GPL-3.0 to the
SPDX license information.

The simple reason is that the text that pretends to be the LGPL-3.0 license
text isn't complete : "This version of the GNU Lesser General Public License
incorporates the terms and conditions of version 3 of the GNU General Public
License". Hence, the GPL-3.0 license text is integral part of the LGPL-3.0
rather than just a reference.

Furthermore, I have seen many license violations because people just refer to a
file with the (incomplete) license text. SPDX could improve the situation. In
particular, some scanning tools copy the license text from SPDX.

I know that FSF traditionally used two license files (e. g. GPL-2.0 and
LGPL-2.1) in its projects. Perhaps, the reason is that sec. 3 LGPL-2.1 provides
a dual licensing scheme. Version 3 is different and I strongly recommend to
always add the GPL-3.0 license text to the LGPL-3.0 license text (in the same
file).

Thanks for raising this issue!

Best,
Till