Am 06.04.22 um 10:02 schrieb Matija Šuklje:
Die 6. 04. 22 et hora 01:07 J Lovejoy scripsit:
Or is an empty SPDX-License-Identifier always saying that no license has
been chosen and full copyright applies? We think an empty identifier is
ambiguous and also could mean that no license decision has been made yet
or the license is not listed with SPDX. Or should we discuss to
introduce an "SPDX-License-Identfier: Full Copyright" - whatever this
means at the creator's jurisdiction.

To my understanding of the spec the following should indicate full copyright:

`SPDX-License-Identfier: NONE`

<https://spdx.github.io/spdx-spec/file-information/#85-concluded-license-field>

… but I can agree in practice some ambiguity can creep in, esp. when some
people scan and audit (I’m guilty of this sometimes as well) they might not
bother to apply the license ID to all files that the license applies to, but
failed to mention the license in the file itself.

What about "LicenseRef"?
https://spdx.dev/spdx-specification-21-web-version/#h.1v1yuxt
https://reuse.software/faq/#custom-license

Accordingly, this would be:

# SPDX-License-Identifier: LicenseRef-NoLicense

Could someone clarify what to use?

Best,
Till