On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 12:40 AM J Lovejoy <opensou...@jilayne.com> wrote:

> One outstanding issue we didn’t get to on our call (and captured here:
> https://github.com/spdx/spdx-online-tools/issues/388)
> - I think we can simply remove the “Standard License Header” field in the
> submission form, does anyone disagree with this?

I think this is a good idea. The vast majority of FOSS licenses,
licenses already on the SPDX list (FOSS or otherwise), and licenses
likely to be added to the SPDX license list in the future, will not
have any sort of 'standard header', which is kind of an outmoded
concept, and as I understand it SPDX is contributing to a general
movement away from using such things by promoting the use of the
'SPDX-License-Identifier' construct.

Richard