My vote is for #1 - The SPDX tools only uses the released license lists.  If
someone uses an ID before it is released, it may not pass validation.

I'm OK with #2 with the understanding that other tools may not understand the
license ID's until the release.

I'm very much not in favor of #3, - before merging, you may find issues in the
CI checks for the license XML (e.g. the text matches an existing license).

Gary