On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:20 AM, J Lovejoy <opensou...@jilayne.com> wrote:
> Hi SPDX tech and legal team folks,
>
> We are wanting to implement the ability to choose a license/create an SPDX
> license expression in an internal tracking tool. I was wondering if anyone
> had done that already or knew of anyone who had or any other such info.  It
> seems like it might be something someone has already done, so I was hoping to
> see if that was the case, maybe I could get some info as to how they
> implemented it, programming tips, etc.

Jilayne:
We have a license expression builder in DejaCode, but this not open source.
There are two parts to it: a front end in JavaScript and a back end
that validates expressions and provides the licenses lists.
The front end is implemented with Awesomeplete.
The back end is dependent on the DejaCode models of course, but the
validation of expression is something that will be released soon as
open source in ScanCode.
It is a parser that can interpret the logic of expressions and can
normalize and convert expressions to their canonical forms, can
minimize or reduce expressions and compare eventually very different
but equivalent expressions for equality or containment.
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne

+1 650 799 0949 | pombreda...@nexb.com