As suggested by Gary, I had a look on both python-tools and how to use Java
api/application from python/django. It turns out it's not so hard. We can
use any of the packages available like JPy, Py4J, JPype, javabridge, Jython
and JCC. After reading their documentations, I would suggest we use JPype
and Py4j.

Apart from that, I have forked and compiled both the java tools and
python-tools on my localhost. I have got the hang of python tools and
tested it out extensively. I am not able to run java tools untill now but
will look into its problems soon.

I also had a look at specification from spdx.org, I didn't read it
thoroughly but I understood some of the main purposes and their meta data.

*After going through all this, I would suggest we build a Django server for
uploading, parsing and validating SPDX since Django not only provides
security but also provides a great platform with easily integrable modules
to efficiently work with. We can use already build Java library with some
good python-java bridge(as suggested above) and add document format
conversion with python *

*as it provides almost all conversion support.*

*We could also use code from python-tools for some implementations. *
Suggestions and improvements are welcomed.

I will also start working on the issues and pull requests on both
python-tools and java tools once my exams get over.

Thanks
-Rohit Lodha