> PackageOriginator has a maximum cardinality of only 1

Which would be fine, as long as I can be safe to assume the Person /
Organisation mentioned there *can* be regarded as an author. In that
context I was briefly reading through [1] which contains "is referred
to as the author or originator", so it uses "author" and "originator"
synonymously, which makes me hope a "package originator" is also
supposed to be a "package author".

> If I recall correctly, the tooling that you develop creates file-level
> Software Bill of Materials, so maybe the FileContributor information is
> suitable for your use-case?

Actually, ORT creates package-level BOMs, so unfortunately the
FileContributor is of no big use for us here :-(

> PS. Nice name by the way ;)

Likewise ;-)

[1] http://kelleykeller.com/owner-vs-author-whats-the-difference/

--