From: VM Brasseur (CTO) <vm.brass...@wipro.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 2:42 PM
To: g...@sourceauditor.com; 'SPDX-list' <Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org>
Subject: Re: [spdx-tech] Moving fsf-api to the SPDX Github Repo

To confirm, you’re asking to fork the project to SPDX?

[G.O.] correct – in addition, I can ask Github to remove the fork reference so
that future contributors come to SPDX rather than the, no longer maintained,
upstream version

I’ve no objection to that as such; sounds like they’ve turned their back on it,
after all, and that we have a use for it.

As long as a part of the forking process is notifying them (in advance) that
SPDX is going to take over maintenance and where to find the new project, along
with asking them to post a notice to that effect on their end (which they may
or may not do), then I’m a +1.

[G.O.] Agreed – I also added a credit section in the README giving credit to
the good work @wking has done in getting the initial scripts written.

--V