Wayne Pierce wrote:
> When I update my information at a new OP how about some way to tell
> the RP it is the most authoritative.  Not sure if this should be taken
> care of at the application or protocol level, I'd like to see it in
> the protocol though.  The big concern I see with this is that anyone
> could setup an OP and claim to be the most authoritative source of
> information.

I agree completely. Currently, if my OP turns rogue or otherwise fail to
serve me, I'm left with no recourse. A bullet-proof way of dealing with
this would be with digital signatures though I sense some aversion to
PKI in the OpenID community.

> The OP could tell the user if there was a failure.  This way the user
> can notify the RP or at least be aware of the problem.  Not perfect,
> but it could be treated just like a bounced email or DNS update
> failure.

Yes, this is probably how it will be handled and it will work. I just
think there will be corner cases where the user is not able to 'change
course' in time. And handling corner cases sets excellent technology
apart from very good technology - but it will work.

Regards,
Anders Feder