From: Brett Carter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 10:09 PM
To: McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT)
Subject: Re: Login Federation

I don't think so.  The implementation I'm thinking of would allow the
user to decide what sites would be logged into automatically.  Really,
it's just amounting to automatically typing in the user's url on their
chosen sites.  We could even delegate login requests, preserving the
decentralized nature of open id.

-Brett

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:53 pm, McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) wrote:
>  Wouldn't this take the user out of the middle? I would think this
> would be bad at some level.

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:31:40 -0800
> From: Brett Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Login Federation
> To: specs@openid.net
>
> I've dug around a bit, and haven't found anything, so I thought I'd
ask
> here.  Is any work being done on adding some sort of federated login
> for
> open id?  By 'federated' I simply mean that signing into my open id
> provider, this automatically signs me into all my open id enabled
sites
> (of my choice) at once.
>
> I have a few ideas I'd like to kick around if somebody isn't already
> working on this.  If so, please feel free to point me in the right
> direction.
> -Brett

--bacarter

destroy all copies.