This has been discussed to death and really should be a FAQ by now, but it's
not written up, so I'll add a few points:

-- we should discuss this as a generic email to URL mapping problem, and
ignore what is done with that URL then.  yes, it could be used as an OpenID

-- that said, with directed identity in OpenID 2.0, a user just needs to
type in "yahoo.com", or press the pretty yahoo button.  No typing.

-- For email-to-URL, NAPTR by itself is a non-starter.  Technically it may
be the correct way, but average people don't control their DNS.  Hell,
networksolutions doesn't even let you add SRV or TXT records.

-- A good solution to email-to-URL mapping will likely involve an
XRDS-Simple-style two-pronged discovery lookup path.  Whereas XRDS-Simple
says "try Accept header, then parse the <head> tag", a good email-to-URL
lookup "protocol" (best practice?) might be to try NAPTR first, then fall
back to this:

http://brad.livejournal.com/2357444.html

- Brad