One parameter of PAPE was allowing the RP to specify how long it had
been since the OP had authenticated the user.

There is a PAPE working group right now, if you were interested in
looking at how your suggestions would be incorporated, I am sure they
would welcome you to the group.

I've cc'ed Mike Jones who is one of the people driving PAPE

-- Dick