Let me elaborate on the idea and requirements I have in mind.

The use case I'm thinking of is perhaps not so much non-interactivity in
particular as it is "login with no black boxes". Currently, the RP is
supposed to delegate full control of the login process to the URL where
the OP redirects the user. This is impractical in cases where you can't
readily produce a browser window for the user, e.g. at the desktop login
screen or in embedded systems.

In these cases, it would be better if there was a standard non-browser
way to authenticate the user.

OAuth still requires the user to approve each access token somehow,
typically by browser. If you are standing at the desktop login at the
only computer in a public library, and don't have a browser phone or
similar, it is unlikely that you'll be able to make such an approval.
Furthermore, the library computer have little use of the access token
once you're done using the computer.

Again, OAuth appears to me to concern authorized machine _access_ to a
particular resource while I'm asking for machine _authentication_, which
belongs in the realm of OpenID.

--
Anders Feder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--