On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Breno de Medeiros <br...@google.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, not much to report except that most appear to agree in
> your last suggestion, which I parse as:
>
>   Allow type.<alias> = type_schema_url to define a 'type namespace'.
> Within that namespace it would then be possible to create an
> extensible schema based on plain string key-value pairs.
>
> We need to:
>
> 1. Get the blessing of specs council to form a WG. I believe we have
> addressed all concerns raised in threads in the Wiki proposal and I am
> not sure why I have not heard from specs council back. How do we call
> for a vote on the WG formation?

Right. I will kick the specs council for this one also.
The board is aware that specs council has not been effective and
starting to fix it. (There will be a board voting to start the ammendment
to the OpenID process shortly.)

Guys, please raise your voices also from the community side.

Dick, I think you still are a spec council member, so please start
pinging other specs council members from inside.

Process-wise, there are four more steps involved in startgin this WG.

1) Specs council's recommendation
2) Membership vote to form WG.
3) Contributors submitting IPR agreements for this WG.
4) OIDF to provide the post restricted ML and SVN repository for the WG.

Additionally, it would be good if OIDF could supply "write controlled"
wiki just like OASIS Open does.

> 2. Start writing this spec, in particular hash out the parts that are
> in agreement so that people can start cranking on this. :)

Yes!

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Dick Hardt <dick.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Everyone
> > I dropped off the planet for a bit moving and getting my world setup.
> Have
> > missed all the email threads on this.
> > What have I missed out on? :-)
> > I plan on participating heavy in the AX 2.0 spec myself.
> > -- Dick
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Allen Tom <a...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe that one of the goals of AX 2.0 should be to maintain
> >> backwards compatible with AX 1.0 whenever possible.
> >>
> >> Allen

> implementations
> working
> not a