++ Adel Abidin - I love to love… ++
 
1.11.2013 – 24.11.2013
 
Opening: Thursday, 31 October, 5pm – 8pm
 
FORUM BOX
Ruoholahdenranta 3a /PL 316
Helsinki
 
Hours: Tue-Fri 11am-5pm
Sat-Sun 12pm-4pm
 
www.forumbox.fi

 
Curator: Nat Muller

 **
“Those standing around would jump up an down, pound their heads, collapse into 
theatrical swoons, rip their clothes, and shake their fists at the air in 
futile rage…”
(Barbara Demick with slight adjustment by Adel Abidin)
 
Forum Box proudly presents I love to love…, Adel Abidin’s eagerly anticipated 
solo exhibition in Finland after his acclaimed show at Kiasma in 2010. Tina 
Charles’ 1976 disco hit “I Love to Love (But my Baby Loves to Dance)” is the 
unlikely backdrop against which Abidin introduces new works that continue to 
draw on themes such as power relations and violence. In I love to love the 
charged and intimate setting of a nightclub functions as a stage upon which the 
dynamics of seeing and blindness, perpetrator and victim, looking and being 
looked at are played out in sinister ways. The mechanics of capturing and 
releasing an image, a gaze, a movement, in an atmosphere of surveillance, are 
trapped and amplified in Abidin’s video and light box installations. Moving to 
the lightness of a love song, and its rhythm, becomes a treacherous, dark, and 
disturbingly ambiguous game.

**
 
Enquiries/press office: Emmi Kattelus T +358(0)96855 0080
[email protected]
 
I love to love…is realized with the generous support of Barjeel Art Foundation 
(UAE), Kone Foundation (FI), Arts Promotion Centre Finland (FI) and AVEK (FI).
______________________________________________
SPECTRE list for media culture in Deep Europe
Info, archive and help:
http://post.in-mind.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spectre

Antwort per Email an