Call for Participation

     AIMC 2023

31 August - 1 September @ University of Sussex, Brighton, UK

The *International Conference on AI and Music Creativity* is an annual conference bringing together a community of people working on the application of AI in musical practice, with topics ranging from performance systems, computational creativity, machine listening, robotics, sonification, and more.

     *Conference Theme*

The theme of AIMC 2023 is *Intelligent Performance Systems*, where we are interested in how AI is applied in real-time artistic performance. This includes physical musical instruments, music theatre, software, as well as interactive installations. Our *programme* includes performances, installations, demo sessions in addition to academic papers. We seek to be hands-on, performative, experimental and collaborative, opening up opportunities for collaboration and co-playing.

     *Organisers*

This conference will be held at the University of Sussex. We seek to foster a creative and friendly atmosphere in the sunny, vibrant city of Brighton, UK. It is co-hosted between two research labs active in music and AI research: the *Experimental Music Technologies Lab* (www.emutelab.org <http://www.emutelab.org/>) and the *Intelligent Instruments Lab* (www.iil.is <http://www.iil.is/>).

Main deadlines are in March 2023, but please find further information about indicative topics, conference theme and submission information on the *Conference website:* <https://aimc2023.pubpub.org/cfp>https://aimc2023.pubpub.org