This talk of potential world records on 6x6x6 cubes reminds me of a conversation I had with Per in Florida at the WC.
Do most people who plan on buying 6x6x6 cubes plan on using the same method as they do for smaller cubes (4x4x4 and 5x5x4) on the 6x6x4? It seems to me that as the cubes get larger, the widely-accepted Centers-Edges-3x3x3-Parity approach gets less and less efficient. What does everyone else think? Doug Daniel Hayes wrote: >I really think it would be fantastic if we could order some for >Christmas, but that may be a bit too optimistic. Nonetheless, I'm >going to have to get one ASAP. As for times, my gut feeling is to say >that if the cubes turn well, 5 minutes will be hit by many of the top >cubers pretty quickly. Just a quick look at the data suggests that if >you compare fastest time to number of pieces, then extrapolate the >number of pieces needed to be placed on the 6x6x6 cube, I get that a >world record time may be around 4:02 . I would certainly not be >surprised if this was high though! > >-Daniel > >--- In [email protected], "Koen Heltzel" ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > >>Heya, >> >>Looking at Olympic Cubes' site and messages on Twisty it won't take >>very long anymore for the 6x6x6 to be available for the public. >>Personally I'm very excited about trying it out. >>Does anybody has an idea about how it's going to be released? Will we >>be able to order it off the Olympic Cubes site? >> >>Also will the upcoming tournaments have 6x6x6 events? What will the >>top times be like for the 6x6x6 after say 2 months of it's release? >> >>Discuss :D >> >>Greets, Koen >> >> >> > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
