I'm not an expert with the cross, but starting from either white or 
yellow (opposite side) is a Good Idea, since it does not really 
change the rest of the algorithm.
That's why the standard color scheme is interesting.
I used it as a fallback strategy, now starting with white or yellow 
does not matter anymore. More and more, the problem is to find a cube 
that does not look lucky.

Gilles.


--- In [email protected], cmhardw 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
> 
> I've been doing some thinking lately on these two strategies and 
> wanted to post about it.
> 
> I'm going to even rewrite my Xcross page to include this, as I 
> really really like it.  I think people who use Xcross need to 
> seriously consider also using opposite cross.
> 
> I learned about opposite cross from Richard Patterson, and 
basically 
> I solve either a white or yellow cross.  I know people think this 
> could be slower, but one of my 14's and I'm pretty sure my 12.xx at 
> the RWC2005 were done with opposite cross (yellow for me).
> 
> Also, here is some math that is very promising.
> 
> I do Xcross on a single face probably about 25% of the time.  Since 
> I now solve opposite cross though, my odds for an Xcross is 25% for 
> yellow and also 25% for white.  So I have an overall chance of 1-
> (3/4)^2 = 7/16 = 43.75% chance of getting an Xcross.
> 
> I had recently noticed that I was getting Xcross solves much more 
> often than I used to, and the reason is I now have a 43% chance of 
> getting one rather than only 25% or so.
> 
> I know opinions vary on solving other colors, but I like opposite 
> cross since it keeps your F2L edges the same.  Also it almost 
> doubles my chances of an Xcross right now, and that is seriously 
> helping my times.
> 
> Also it works under pressure, I had I think 3 opposite cross solves 
> in competition at the RWC, and I've used it at Caltech Dallas as 
> well.
> 
> So anyway, I'm going to include this on my Xcross site, but I 
wanted 
> to post here as I have definitely become a convert to opposite 
> cross.  I am now definitely an opposite cross and Xcross solver :-) 
> (Richard, thanks so much for the opposite cross idea!!!) :-D
> 
> Chris
>







------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to