On Monday 20 August 2001 19:11, you wrote:
> [...]
The following are the errors I get in pppoa.log (after debugging turned on).
It was working perfectly and after asking BT what was going on they said that
they had installed rate adaptive adsl kit at the exchange. The ppp interface
doesnt go up. But the pppoa processes start running. Would pppoa3 help ?
The annoying thing is it has been working perfectly for months previously to
this and nothing on the machine has been changed whatsoever.

< pid=160 > [Fri Jun 21 11:46:54 2002 695310] vpi.vci mismatch (0/38 instead
of 255/7) ... ignored!
c0 21 01 9e 00 0f 03 05 c2 23 05 05 06 55 69 ee .!.......#...Ui.
0b 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a .jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 6a 00 00 00 11 86 15 ec 60 jjjjjjjj.......`

< pid=2273 > pusb_claim_interface 1 failed (repeated lots of times)

Using vpi.vci=255.7 - tried using this due to this being mentioned in the
above
Using vpi.vci=0.38 - default for uk

Also when the line syncs it syncs at a low rate as if the driver just needs a
little bit more time to sync at the correct speed.