[cut]
> pppd version 2.4.0b1
[cut]
>> Then I get system lockup [my keyboard and mouse don't respond anymore]
> after
>
> # modem_run -m -f /root/adsl/mgmt/mgmt.o
>
> # /usr/sbin/pppd call adsl
[cut]

Hello Graeme,

Few questions :

- Do you have SMP enabled in your kernel or a multi-CPU machine?
- Would you like to try the plain (good old ...) pppd 2.4.0 or 2.4.1?
- Is it modem_run or pppd that lockup your computer?
- Is your mouse a USB one ?

The simplest explanation I have is that pppd fails to make the connection
and that you do not have the HDL patch, that's why pppd launched pppoa2
again and again (which explain why the endpoint 7 can't be used) until
you have no more process/memory ...

So, remove the persist option in /etc/ppp/peers/adsl first, and check your
configuration.

Benoit

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe