Adrian West wrote:

> Thanks Alex,
>
> yes, usb is there and up; the Alcatel modem is there, and modem_run does
> appear to load the microcode successfully (it does the hex dump ok too) - it
> gets as far as the ADSL line blocked? before terminating with the 'yellow
> light'. So I'm not fully convinced its a usb chipset issue, but its all I
> have left to try.
>
> I'm interested to hear that you have managed to make it work though - that
> is encouraging. Quite a few people here have BT/Alcatel setups recently, and
> the success has been very mixed. I think you are the first  person I have
> heard of who has a completely successful installation - our best looses the
> line regularly and needs a reeboot to recover.

Mine works. And is pretty stable (Usually get uptimes of a week or two befor eI
decide to change something). But I had to swap using my onboard USB (VIA Chipset
on an Abit VP6 motherboard) for a 2 port Belkin PCI card.
The only instability I have at the moment is now & again when using my CD writer,
I get problems with APIC errors that appear to trash my interrupts completely.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...
        I enjoy every minute of it...