I am using MDK 8.1 and bt, touching wood, he says, without a problem,
once I got it up and running. Below is one version of the reconnect
script from the archives.
regards Martin West
==========peerip================
PEER_IP=`/sbin/ifconfig | grep P-t-P | cut -d ':' -f3 | cut -d ' ' -f1`
export PEER_IP
===============================
==========reconnect===============
#! /bin/sh

peerip

ifconfig | grep ppp0 >/dev/null 2>&1 && ping -c 2 $PEER_IP  >/dev/null
2>&1
if test $? -eq 1
then
killall pppd
sleep 1
# pppoa -> ppoa2
killall -9 modem_run pppoa2
umount /proc/bus/usb
# uchi -> usb-ohci
rmmod usb-ohci
rmmod usbcore
sleep 3
modprobe usb-ohci
sleep 3
# line from boot script.
mount -t usbdevfs -o devmode=0664,devgid=43 /proc/bus/usbmount
/proc/bus/usb
modem_run -v 1 -m -f /usr/share/speedtouch/mgmt.o
ulimit -n 200
ulimit -u 500
pppd call adsl
fi