On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Sami Dalouche wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm interested by your driver... I'll try whatever I find... ;)
> My modem was working a before last week, on a 2.4.7 or something like
> that, maybe a bit more.. then I reinstalled linux, I updated everything
> (debian testing) and it does timeouts.
> Someone told me it may be my ISP.. but I just think it's weird that my
> ISP screws up exactly when I reinstall everything..
>
> Mar 10 12:24:08 pingoo pppd[2796]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
> Mar 10 12:24:08 pingoo pppd[2796]: Connection terminated.
> Mar 10 12:24:08 pingoo pppd[2796]: Using interface ppp0
> Mar 10 12:24:08 pingoo pppd[2796]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/6
>
> So, please send me your version, I'll try it ;)

http://tjw.hn.org/pppoa3/pppoa3.test.tar.gz
(and, I think, same url via www.locofungus... (see sig))

Unfortunately, I added syslog logging at the same time as the "official"
crew did which made extracting my other changes more difficult and hence
why I have failed to get my changes into a modern version.

(The .orig files are the files I started from)

Try it and see. But I don't promise anything at all (and certainly not
any support ;-)

The safest route it to compile it and then copy pppoa3 to wherever the
"official" version installed to. (Keep a backup of the real thing)

(One thing you will find is far more "timeout" messages in the logs
- and you will probably find that if you kill pppd you will have
to wait up to 30 seconds before pppoa3 shuts down)

Regards,

Tim.

and there was light.

     http://tjw.hn.org/      http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/