Hi all...

I still have a series of network 'black holes' with the speedtouch
drivers... They all appear to co-incide with pppoa3 logging CRC errors
in AAL5 frames (As far as I can tell anyway).

I've seen one or two other posts about this. I'm wondering if there
could be a problem with certain sequences of bytes that would cause
this... The main symptom is that transfers start & hen stall. Re-trying
it the transfer stalls at exactly the same place every time. The file
transfers correctly from the location back to my work account, and I can
ssh it from there to home, but it's really annoying. Sometimes it's
pictures, sometimes executables. I don't believe I've had the problem
with text, but then it usually happens at around the 57kByte mark in a
download...

Anyone got any ideas?

Oh. I've noticed when pppoa3 gets a CRC error, it just throws things
away. Shouldn't it ask for a re-transmit? Or have I missed that bit?

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #237369
        I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe