>
> Hi all,
>
> maybe this is off topic but I'm little bit confused on this n_hdlc
> patch ... It's said in ther FAQ and and in a large amount of posted
> answers in this ng, that the kernel should be a 2.4.18 or above. If not
> it is recommanded to patch it ....
>
> But I have a basic RH install with a 2.4.7-10 kernel wich works fine on
> the 1.0 version of the driver ... Would that mean that the 2.4.7-10 is
> an exception in this patch rule, and how could that be ? Could it be
> possible that RH has already patched it's kernel ( I can see a n_hdlc
> module with lsmod ) ?
>
> bb

Mmm, possibly. A lot of distributions are ahead of the patch game compared
to the stock kernels. I never patched my Mandrake kernel so it could be the
case with RH too.

The best way to tell for RH is to look at the kernel RPM .spec file and see
what patches are applied. The nice thing about RPM's is they start from the
baseline code (e.g. Marcello's tar-ball) and apply patches to it when they
build. This way its easy to see what has been applied beyond the stock
builds.
Alex
www.bennee.com/~alex/




Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to