On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Tim Woodall wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Edouard Gomez wrote:
>

> > Tim Woodall ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > I would suggest a -e <endpoint alternate interface> switch to pppoa3 and
> > > modem run with the default left at 2
> >
> > It  would prefer  extend pusb  to  tell us  what type  of transfer  is
> > supported for  a specific (interface,endpoint)  couple. I think  it is
> > rather easy to implment this,  and loop through all interfaces for the
> > known data endpoints (0x07/0x87).
> >
> > I'll have a look at usbfs specification.
> >
> Sounds good. I wouldn't know how to do this without some intensive
> reading but I could hack a perl script together that reads
> /proc/bus/usb/devices and says
> "You need to use alternate 1 on interface 1" :-)

I've just tested on my machine and all the alternate interfaces[1] work with the
frog (Equally unreliably if you have a Triton II chipset :-( )

[1] 1,2 and 3 - alternate 0 on interface 1 doesn't seem to have any endpoints.

Tim.

and there was light.

     http://tjw.hn.org/      http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/