It may still be a bit early to draw conclusions, but I connected my
SpeedTouch 330 modem to a newly purchased USB PCI-card (82C861 from vendor
OPTi Inc) in stead of the USB on the motherboard, which uses chipset VIA
VT6202. It makes some difference:

the OPTi works great, not a single error message;
the VIA gives, as I was used to, dozens of these "CRC errors on AAL5".

There is definitely something true about the rumours of VIA chipsets being
flaky.

Ed Vaessen

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe