> I suspect a potential buggy USB chipset that windows copes with better. What
> chipset have you got?

Please, stop saying the problem comes from the USB chipset. It does not.
I've exactly the same problem, and here is what i tested,
_w/o any better performance_ :

  1. Someone says it is a cable problem, so that i try to change both the adsl
filter and the cable which is between the adsl filter and the modem.
  2. Someone says it is an USB chipset bug, so that i try to connect using
different box, wich have <> USB chipset.
  3. I try to use new ppp over ethernet functionnality, it works, but no
better performance (still have lot of CRC error while downloading stuff)
  4. I try both alcaudsl.sys and mgmt.o
  5. I try using sync/async, changing ppp0 MTU, verbose or not, ...

NOTHING WORKS !
I can't have better performance than about 20Kbytes/sec.
This is annoying, please help !
Thanks for you support.

--
Matthieu Foillard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>