Hi,

> Great, I'll give some timezone people a bit to see if anyone has anything
> to add. I hope they accept!
[...]
> > The overall  reason is just  that Unix users  should be treated  as real
> > customers. We don't  want to break their  IP, we want to be  able to use
> > the hardware we paid for.

   Just a few words. I'm not involved in the driver development at all, but I
think that it would be important to insist on the "overall reason" first
thing, stating that there are many *nix users, and since _they_ (thomson)
claim that *nix is supported but don't provide a driver, it would be well to
provide some information. And as the speedtouch.sf.net project has been very
successfull, they can trust this information will be used wisely, etc...
   I think the first people who will read your email will _not_ be technical
people, so insisting on the technical details may be a mistake. (even if the
technical details have to be there too)

   just my .02€...

        Vincent
--