On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Duncan Sands wrote:

> Thanks for the interesting post and keep up the good work.
> I'm really looking forward to the day when we will be able to
> program the modem ourselves!

Seconded.

I've had a brief look but the ARM7 disassembler I found can't
cope with the code :-( Tomorrow I'm going to go and see if I
can find a book on ARM9 and maybe write a disassembler :-)

If you have a look at extract.c there is a main() function
commented out that will extract the stuff that is sent to the
modem.

There is one block of 512 bytes hardcoded into modem_run.c
that gets sent first - this looks like ARM code as well.

The stuff extracted from mgmt.o or mgmt (md5sum below)
looks like it could be possible to put some hooks into so
that we could include pppd in the microcode.

For example:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /home/tim/cvs/microcode]$ strings mgmt.bin | grep "fft"
/cm4/fsn/hs/sachem/adsl30/common/sources/Ifft.cc

Anyone want to bet that here is the code to do an inverse fft :-)

There are also things like Decoder.cc and Encoder.cc

Regards,

Tim.

MD5SUM of the extracted microcode
2820937dc9651e086435aa49f53d4348  mgmt.bin

and there was light.

     http://tjw.hn.org/      http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/