On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Nuno Ricardo Gomes Antunes wrote:

> I've read in the news section of the Speedtouch usb driver homepage that
> pppoa3 works on FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT. However I was unable to find any recent
> post on the subject in the lists archive. Has anyone had success? If so,
> with what firmware? I'm hoping I don't have to install 4.x instead..

Yes, I have the Speedtouch USB modem working under FreeBSD 5.x (well, a
patched version of 5.0). 5.1 should work fine, as it will include my patch
to fix the kernel panics people were experiencing in 5.0.

You'll need to use pppoa2 (which also applies to 4.x, I think);  pppoa3
can be made to work, but it's messy and I wouldn't recommend it unless you
like to experiment (check the list archives for an explanation on how to
do it)

I'm using a mgmt.o file (size 535856 bytes) from Alcatel's website.

Cheers,
Jay

--
http://www.evilrealms.net/ - Systems Administrator & Developer